Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday 4 February 2009

Info Post
I've always been really good with plants even when I was little. Maybe it's because I talk to them and care for them like they're another pet or maybe it's because I've been growing them from such a young age. I love helping my parents raise flowers and vegetables in our backyard. We used to have a much bigger garden than the modest one we grow now. I remember we grew so many different kinds of vegetables and I think we even tried to grow watermelons. It was so much fun but the deer that live in the woods behind our house ate nearly everything. Now we only raise tomatoes, squash, and cucumbers. It's so nice to have fresh vegetables to cut up and put in a salad. I get to plant and take care of the marigolds that are there to keep bugs from eating our yummy food. I kind of wish it was spring already so we could start planting.

One thing I've always dreamed about having is an herb garden. I think fresh herbs for cooking would be lovely. I'd really like to learn to make my own teas. I think once I have a place of my own I may get a tiny one that you can keep indoors. The trick is going to be keeping my cat from trying to eat any of it. He's pretty well behaved though and only really comes after you if you have turkey or BACON! He goes crazy over bacon.

Here's a couple pictures of our garden last year.


0 comments:

Post a Comment