Breaking News
Loading...
Friday 18 February 2011

Info Post

Cross-posted on Chronic Couture

I wanted to list a few of my favorite beauty products right now that are $5 or under. There are lots of awesome products out there that don't cost very much so I wanted to share them with you :) When I can I'll put a link to where you can buy the product but a couple of the things on the list are from ebay.   

1. Sephora's Sephora Collection Complexion Brush 

What is it?

It's similar to a body brush except that it's for your face. 

How much does it cost? 

$5 

What do I think of it?

I got one of these in my stocking for Christmas. It comes with a plastic cap to protect the bristles which is really helpful when I take it back and for from my house to my boyfriend's. I really like it and feel like it helps my clean my face more thoroughly. It scrubs off dead skin and leaves my face feeling fresh and clean. 

2. Magic Hair Tape 

What is it?

It's basically a piece of velcro. 

How much does it cost? 

$0.50- $2 

What do I think of it?

I love using this when I'm washing my face or doing my makeup. It keeps my hair out of my face but doesn't leave a crease in my hair like a clip would. You can actually find some fancier ones that look like super cute bows but for now I just have the rectangular ones. To find them just search "magic hair tape" on ebay, a bunch should pop up and a lot of them have free shipping!  

3. Rimmel Special Eyes Eyeliner Pencil in Black Magic  

What is it?

A basic pencil eyeliner. 

How much does it cost?

About $3 

What do I think of it?

I've been using Rimmel eyeliner since I was 15. It's super pigmented and has fairly good staying power. It goes on smooth and can be smudged nicely for a smokey effect. I like to use it mostly on my bottom lash line or just the outer corners of my eye to give them an extra pop.  
  
4. Burt's Bees Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil  

What is it?

Lip balm made with bees wax.  

How much does it cost?

About $3 

What do I think of it?

I love this lip balm. It really helps keep my lips healthy and while it smells nice and doesn't taste bad I don't end up licking it off my lips like I do with a lot of sugary lip balms. 

5. Strawberry Hair Rollers 

What is it?

Adorable sponge hair rollers.   

How much does it cost?

$0.99- $5 

What do I think of it?

They're super cute and comfy. They don't pull on your hair and if you want you can sleep on them with no problem because they're soft and squishy. You can curl your hair either by sleeping with them in or by wetting your hair, curling with the rollers, then using a blow dryer. You can also find these on ebay. 

6. Wet n Wild Color Icon Eyeshadow Palette in Lust 

What is it?

A pallet with 6 shades. Three of the shades are matte and three are shimmers. You can mix them together or just use mattes or shimmers depending on your mood. 

How much does it cost?

Around $5 but you can find it cheaper if you wait for a sale.

What do I think of it?

This is my favorite eyeshadow pallet right now. All of the colors are super pigmented so you only need a tiny bit of product. When I go to visit my boyfriend during the weekend I can just take this with me because it's super easy to go from a day to night look. It's nice to know that no matter what we end up doing I can be prepared while not having to take a bunch of makeup with me.

I found out about the Magic Hair Tape and Strawberry Hair Rollers in a video by YaYaLifestyle on YouTube. She also has a great tutorial for how to use the strawberry hair rollers. Check out her channel!

0 comments:

Post a Comment