Breaking News
Loading...
Monday 7 March 2011

Info Post

 While I was watching Lady Gaga's video for Born This Way I noticed that she has some interesting nail art pieces. I went through the video and took screenshots of her nails. From what I can tell there are four different looks going on.

The simplest look is featured during the scenes where she is dressed as a skeleton and when she's lined up with the row of Gaga heads. It's a basic long greige (grey+beige) colored nail that comes to a bit of a point. She's favored this color for a long time and wore it for her Vanity Fair cover shoot, although the shade she's wearing there is a bit darker. In the video they're a very natural color which I think keeps with the themes of rebirth that I discussed in my first post about Born This Way.


During the dancing scenes Gaga has a very similar nail look keeping the natural greige color. From the top they look nearly identical but a little bit more pointed. If you look closely she actually seems to have two sets of nails for each finger with the insides of the nails are painted black. It seems to echo the  prosthetics she's been wearing on her face and shoulders and go along with the H.R. Giger/ alien/ new breed theme she's been using lately.


Her nails during her Mother Monster incarnation are the most complicated in the video. They start with the greige color at the base then fade upwards into a really gorgeous purple which makes sense for this character because purple is the color of royalty. She has some really complicated and pretty nail and finger jewelry and again appears to have two sets of nails on each finger.


The last look was the one that grabbed my attention first and led to me going through this video frame by frame. It's my favorite but it's the hardest to actually see. When Gaga is giving birth to evil there's a close up of her hands for a moment and you see that she has dark read pointy nails. She seems to have jewelry placed onto the nails. From the side you can see that she again has two sets of nails with the bottom ones appearing to be white. If there's one look I want to replicate, it's this one.


Which look is your favorite?

If you do any Born This Way inspired nail art please post about it in the comments because I'd love to see it! I haven't decided if I will try to do nail art for these looks yet, of course I'll post here if I do :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment