Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday 23 November 2011

Info Post
Even though we have had a difficult weekend/week with the tragic death of our bird I still think it is important to find things you are thankful for, especially around Thanksgiving.  And while it is a lot easier for me right now to say "nothing" there is always something you can be thankful for. I am thankful for my life--that I am alive and healthy and well.  I am thankful for my amazing husband, David, who is so caring and always thinking of me. I am thankful for our daughter Eliana who is a ray of sunshine in my life.  She lights up my world. And if I think harder there a lot more things to be thankful for.  It's always difficult to think of good things when you are in difficult times. But maybe it is when you are in difficult times it is even more important to remind yourself of the things you are thankful for...


Now onto food.  Last week I made two different turkey themed sandwiches for Eliana.  She loved them and they were super easy to make!
This is "Sally".  Whenever you ask Eliana to name an animal she will name it Sally. She usually just would say "bear" if it is a bear, or "cat" if it is a cat.  But if I really ask her to think of a name she will say Sally.  So we named this turkey shaped sandwich Sally.

This was very easy to make.  I made a grilled cheese sandwich and cut it into a circle with a cookie cutter.  I cut another circle out of whole wheat bread and made the face out of edible eye candies, carrot nose and a red pepper googly gobbly thing (what is that called?!).  I cut out feathers from red orange and yellow bell peppers.  I cut the feet out of carrot.  And I put some leaf sprinkles on the the plate.
Eliana loved it and ate it all up. Which I love. Win-Win. I also made another turkey sandwich.
Mini Turkey
On Mondays and Fridays I babysit a cute almost two year old (Sophia) and Eliana always comes with me.  I always make our lunches to go and since we still had peppers left over I wanted to make her a smaller turkey sandwich last Friday.  Again--so easy! I just made a jelly sandwich with whole wheat bread and cut it into a circle.  Carrot nose and carrot legs.  Bell pepper feathers and gobbly thingy.  I then cut out a few cheese pumpkins and drew on them with edible marker.  


This was by no means bento perfection.  This container is just a sandwich container and I usually make Eliana small cute lunches to go in it.  Eventually I will have to get her an actual bento container that will hold her food better--so it doesn't move around while traveling. Or I need to "glue" things in place with honey or something. When we reached our destination I had to rearrange her lunch because she was upset the feathers weren't all in place :)  Both of these lunches would be an awesome way to use up leftover turkey in a fun way! :)


Have a wonderful Thanksgiving :)

Here is what I used to make these lunches:

 
I Link up.

0 comments:

Post a Comment