Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday 17 October 2012

Info Post
*Today's post is part of a Halloween blog hop! Click on the pumpkin icon at the end of the post to take you to the next blog in our Halloween Blog Hop!*


This lunch is brought to you by the number 8
As in 8 legs. More specifically: the fact that a spider has 8 legs. Not 6.

I had been struggling with ideas of what to make for a lunch...and then finally it came to me. I'll make a spider lunch!! Only to realize hours later (after it had been eaten) that my "spider" only had 6 legs. And to be honest it wasn't me that even realized that.. My husband pointed it out.  I mean the thought had never crossed my mind to count legs! I just stuck some pretzel sticks in her sandwich and called it a spider! Spider. Bug. Who is counting legs anyways?! (well my husband and my daughter for sure..but other than them who is counting legs!!).... soooo this is a BUG lunch or The spider who lost two legs.?! Either way I apparently now need to make a proper spider lunch sometime in the near future :)

To make this simple spider/bug lunch I made a chocolate soynut butter sandwich. I cut the oval using my circle cookie cutter. I put some extra chocolate soynut butter on top and used pretzel sticks as legs. (Be sure to use 8 if you want it to be a spider! lol) I added some candy eyes and a carrot mouth. I added some flowers on the side made of carrots and celery.  And I added some cute raisin bugs too!
Raisin Spiders Bugs. Super cute. Super easy to make. I took an uncooked spaghetti noodle and colored it with my black edible food marker. I used scissors to cut the "legs" (you could easily break it though). I stuck the bug legs into the raisin and called it day. Eliana loved them!

So head on over to the next blog (and the next, and the next) for some awesome Halloween themed food ideas! Click on the pumpkin to hop on over to Laura of El Lunch de mi Enano! [perfect way to practice that Spanish you took in high school..or just use the translator button ;)]

What I used to make this lunch:

I link up.

0 comments:

Post a Comment