Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday 21 September 2011

Info Post
I made this cute lunch for Eliana the other day.  I wanted to try something different, other than her favorite and routine ham and cheese sandwich for this creative lunch.  So I raided the fridge and the pantry and this is what I came up with...
...a porcupine sandwich!

The porcupine is a piece of whole wheat bread cut with a porcupine shaped cookie cutter. I spread Nutella over the bread and placed sliced almond "quills" all over.  His eye is a confetti sprinkle that I used a food safe marker to make the pupil and used a chocolate sprinkle for the mouth.

The tree is a pretzel rod with celery tops (which surprisingly she ate some! Eliana isn't a fan of celery all together)

The grass is cut up cucumber

The sun is a Nilla wafer.

Eliana enjoyed this lunch.  She didn't finish all the celery or the almonds and nor did I expect her too but she did have fun using the almonds like a spoon to scoop up the Nutella off the bread :)

*now that we know her peanut and nut allergy (June 2012) we would steer away from nut products. Eliana is not allergic to almonds or hazelnuts but we are trying to avoid all nuts to be safe.*

0 comments:

Post a Comment