Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday 18 September 2011

Info Post
Sometimes for dinner you just want something fun and creative and not necessarily in the shape of an animal. And no I don't make animal shaped sandwiches for dinner. I know you were wondering..


One day I was browsing on Pinterest and I found a few pins with recipes using won ton wrappers in a cupcake pans. One of the many recipes was a taco "cupcake".  I love tacos and I love cupcakes so this was a win-win situation! So I thought I would try out some of the recipes and then of course tweak it to my own liking.
(Before we go any further if you don't know what Pinterest is by now then you don't need to know. I'm warning you.. its highly addictive.)


Taco Cupcakes

Taco "Cupcakes" Ingredients
1 package won ton wrappers (you can find them in the produce section)
about 1 lb of ground beef (or say around 1.23 lbs. if you really want an exact number)
1 can (15.5oz) of black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can (8.5oz) whole kernel golden corn, drained and rinsed
1 packet of taco seasoning (or your own seasonings..whatever you prefer)
1 1/2 to 2 cups of shredded cheese (use cheddar or Mexican blend, or your favorite blend)
desired taco toppings (for example: lettuce, tomato, sour cream)


*Preheat the oven to 375
*Cook ground beef in a skillet until no pink shows (if desired drain fat... I personally don't always drain the fat since I use very lean ground beef already)
*After fully cooked add Taco seasoning packet and 2/3 cup water OR add your own taco seasonings and water/liquid
*Add rinsed and drained beans and corn
*Mix meat, bean and corn mixture and cook for 5 to 10 minutes
*Spray cupcake pan with any kind of cooking spray
*Gently push one won ton wrapper into each cupcake cup
*Next spoon 1Tbsp of meat mixture in the won ton wrapper
*Sprinkle cheese over the meat mixture
*Make a second layer of won ton wrappers.  Gently push the won ton wrapper, in the opposite direction, and repeat with 1Tbsp of meat mixture and some cheese.
*Bake for 10 to 20 minutes, really depending on what you like best.  I enjoy my taco "cupcakes" to be brown and crispy on the edges.


*Leave the taco "cupcakes" in the cupcake pan for a few minutes before trying to remove them so you let them settle, but more importantly so you don't burn your fingers.
*Then add all your favorite taco toppings.  In my family's case we take a buffet style approach to serving these.  I serve cut up tomatoes, lettuce, sour cream, cheese, and salsa verde all in different bowls and everyone makes their own taco.


(This recipe makes so many taco cupcakes so be prepared.  Each time I make a different amount but last time I made 24 and I still had leftover meat mixture.  Just put your leftover meat mixture in the fridge and use in another dinner or to make more taco cupcakes later!)


I hope you enjoy these as much as my family does!


and p.s. I told you! I warned you! Pinterest IS addictive and amazing. Especially for us visual folks ;)


Until Next Time... :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment