Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday 20 October 2011

Info Post
I'm all about using what you have in your kitchen... and well we had a lot of colored bell peppers so I figured I would make another fall inspired lunch for Eliana :)
The Hungry Squirrel gathering acorns! :)
This cute squirrel looks hard to do but really didn't take much time :)


The Squirrel is a jelly sandwich cut with a squirrel cookie cutter.  For the tail I put some Nutella on the top and used a toothpick to add some texture. An edible candy eye and a chocolate sprinkle mouth add simple final touches :)


The branches of the tree are pretzel rods and pretzel sticks.


The leaves are cut red and orange bell peppers, cheese and sun dried basil tomato tortillas.


The acorns are dark chocolate Hershey kisses, Mini Nilla wafers and peanut butter chips (all "glued" together with peanut butter. Eliana wouldn't eat the acorns but they were super cute!)  I got this cute acorn idea here.


This lunch was loved by Eliana and it was fun to make :) It also worked as a great way to explain how squirrels gather acorns for the winter! :)


Until Next Time... :)

**update** (June 2012)
We have officially learned that Eliana is allergic to peanuts, cashews and pistachios.  She never ate them because she never liked peanut butter or nuts. However now we are aware of the actual allergy, not just dislike, we are avoiding peanuts and all nuts. I had "glued" together the acorns with PB  for this lunch. If I were to do this again I would use honey or soynut butterto use as "glue" and would use chocolate soynut butter instead of nutella for the tail to make this completely peanut free and tree nut free :)

Here is what I used to make this lunch:

I Link up.

0 comments:

Post a Comment