Breaking News
Loading...
Monday 31 October 2011

Info Post
The other day I decided to make some pumpkin pancakes. I was going to put actual pumpkin puree in it but we didn't have any more and well I was too lazy to drop everything and go to the store just for pumpkin! So I made some pancake batter.. not even the homemade kind (*gasp!*) ..just the kind where you add water and some oil.  I added some food coloring and this is what we came up with:
I think he's kinda cute! What do you think?


To make these pumpkin pancakes:
First you make your favorite pancake mix, whether it is homemade or box (You do have to make sure there are no clumps so make sure the batter is completely smooth)  


Separate the batter into different bowls and add food coloring (I added cocoa powder to make brown).  


Pour the batter into separate squeeze bottles.  


Then draw your design out on your frying pan or griddle! (Remember it will need to be flipped over so you whatever you draw make sure it looks good backwards too!)


You need to make sure the heat is low so that it cooks nice and slow and doesn't burn your design. Start by drawing the outline of the pumpkin first, and then draw the inside eyes, nose and mouth.  Let it cook until almost fully cooked.  Then fill in the pumpkin with the rest of the orange batter.  Let the inside cook until fully cooked.  Then flip it over ever so gently and cook the other side.  I made the leaf and pumpkin stem separately because I thought it would be easier that way.


On another note, by doing all of that work to make a shaped pancake I believe it is highly justifiable to use pancake box mix!  I usually love making things by scratch but with all of the extra works that goes into these pancakes its much easier to use a boxed mix! :)


Once you get the hang of this it is not that complicated and the designs are endless! And of course, next time if I am making pumpkin shaped pancakes I will have to make sure we have pumpkin in the house! :)

Here is what I used to make these pancakes:

I link up.

0 comments:

Post a Comment