Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday 2 October 2012

Info Post
Isn’t this just the cutest Halloween bunting you have ever seen??  Hello, Brooke here again to share another project using Sheri’s Costume Clubhouse.
This pre-printed bunting panel is apart of this line.  You will need about a yard of fabric for the back and same amount of batting. 
I prepared the panel much the same way I would to quilt a runner or quilt project.  I used one of the prints from Costume Clubhouse for the back and Warm and Natural cotton batting.
I did meandering quilt over the banner using a black and white varigated thread.
I used pinking shears to cut apart the panel.  You will notice that I also quilted around most of the fun circle decorations that were at each end of the panel.
Next, I like to lay out all my parts and pieces to see how to assemble the banner.
I quickly determined that I needed to actually make two banners.  I used 2 yards of black and orange jumbo ric rac for each banner for a total of 4 yards of each color. 
Here you can see that I have added two extra flags on either side of “Happy” with an additional decoration.  I attached the extra decoration with a zigzag stitch.
I use a zigzag stitch and sew the flags onto the black ric rac and then go back and do it again with the orange ric rac on top so the flags are sandwiched in between.
In this photo you can see the fabric I used for the back and how the ric rac turned out.
I thought it would look oh so cute hung on a fence.
Such a cute, cute project - thanks Sheri for designing such adorable fabric!!
Hope you all enjoyed seeing how to create a fun banner with a printed panel.  Until next time....happy sewing!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment