Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday 6 December 2012

Info Post
♫♪Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
Had a very shiny nose...♪♫
Lately I've been singing and listening to Christmas music! I just can't help it -- I love this time of year! Because... (as I sing with a smile hehe).... ♫♪It's the most wonderful time of the year! ♪♫ And this year Eliana is really into the music so it makes it even more fun :)

Rudolph here was inspired by these reindeer cookies I found while browsing Pinterest

To make Rudolph you start with a circle cookie cutter.  Our Rudolph is wheat filled with WOWBUTTER (a peanut, tree nut, dairy and gluten free spread) :) 

To make Rudolph's nose I used a mini circle cutter on red bell pepper. His eyes are Enjoy Life Foods mini chocolate chips.  To make the antlers I melted a handful of chocolate chips in a bag and piped out the design by hand. It would be easier and faster to just stick some pretzels on top for the antlers, so we'll do that next time :) We added some cucumber holly leaves surrounding the plate.


We also made Rudolph to go :) Packed in our EasyLunchboxes:
In the main compartment is our cute Rudolph again. Since its all about his red nose, we have them in every compartment! Rudolph had been a wheat/white bread sandwich.  I put the white bread on the bottom (it was the last piece of our loaf.) Surrounding Rudolph are more red noses cut from bell pepper with a mini circle cutter. You can "glue" the pieces down with honey so they stay in place.

In the upper left compartment Eliana had a Red-Nosed cheese ball (babybel cheese)

In the upper right compartment Eliana had cucumber holly leaves on top of cucumber scraps and sliced green bell pepper. The holly berries, aka red noses, are also red bell peppers.

This bento was super simple to make and Eliana asked for more Rudolph lunches! :) I was sick to my stomach yesterday, but today I am feeling much better so she will be getting another Rudolph today too :)


**Today's post is part of a Holiday blog hop! So please click on the image below to see more Holiday Fun Food ideas! Next stop in the hop is my friend Rina of Bento School Lunches!**


Creative Food Supplies:
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment