Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday 21 May 2009

Info Post
Day 2:

Igloo Tin and The Pebble and the Penguin DVD



My boyfriend and I both have matching tiny penguins that we gave to each other. They're named after the penguins Marina and Hubie from the movie The Pebble and the Penguin, which is one of his favorites from when he was little. I wanted to make his little Hubie-penguin an igloo to live in. I used a mint tin and some Sculpey (thanks Kim for suggesting it!) and some sharpies to make it. The movie is about Adelie Penguins and their mating ritual of the male penguins giving the female penguins a pebble so I made a little pebble to go inside. On the inside I wrote the lyrics from Now and Forever from the movie's soundtrack.

"We will grow old together
Cozy in cold together
We'll try our best together

Further our nest together
We'll be a pair forever
Learning to share forever

Now and forever
As sure as the snow
As long as the ocean roars
I'll love you in a way that
I'll never begin to outgrow
I'll now and forever be yours"



The outside of the igloo.

The pebble. Please excuse my dirty hands I'd been working on some other crafty stuff before I took the picture.

I couldn't get a decent picture of the inside.The wrapping paper.

0 comments:

Post a Comment