Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday 9 June 2009

Info Post
I would have had a post up sooner but my laptop decided to stop working, sorry :(


Ok anyway...May 30th was my boyfriend and my one year anniversary together. I decided to have a surprise picnic for him. He told me when we got there that he'd never been on a picnic before!! We had a lot of fun. There's a park, well actually there are a lot of parks, near his house. The one I chose to go to is where we used to take our dogs to play when I was little. It's really pretty. You follow a trail through a line of trees into a big field. If you keep following the trail you're led into woods and down to a stream. It's not as busy as some of the other parts of the park so it's fairly private. Sometimes you'll see people walking the trails or riding their horses. I was going to include all of the recipes from the menu but a lot of them are trapped on my laptop but I'll give you guys the links to recipes that are on other website. They're the cute recipes that you'll probably want to try anyway.

Olive Penguins! Mine got a bit tossed around on the car ride but I think they turned out ok. You can find how to make them here.


Rainbow Cupcakes! These have a special meaning for us because I made them for a party the day we started dating. My boyfriend loved them, and he doesn't really like cake very much so I felt like I had to make them for him again. You can find how to make them here.

More random pictures from the picnic.


I also made a couple of presents for my boyfriend. One was a time capsule. I actually got him to help me work on the box I used without telling him what it was for. We spray painted it blue. Then I painted stars on the top and used this cool glue I found on sale at Michael's that had stars and glitter in it and I put that all over the box too. I also used wooden letters I found at the dollar store. I used the letters of our initials and glued them to the front of the box. For inside the time capsule I had a notebook that we would write answers to questions in. I wrote ten questions on index cards and put them in an envelope so we can reuse and reanswer them every year. I also chose three things to include in the box and my boyfriend put three things in too. I really like the way it turned out and I'm excited to have such a fun tradition to do every year.


The other present was a bottle filled with 365 origami stars. They all have love quotes written on the inside. Now he can open one everyday for a year. I thought it would be a special presnt because it echoed the first presnt I made him which was a box filled with 100 origami stars that I gave to him on the 100th day we were together.

0 comments:

Post a Comment