Breaking News
Loading...
Saturday 27 November 2010

Info Post

Cross-posted on Chronic Couture

Medicine storage can be a big hassle. I searched for ages to find a way to hold my pills that wasn't bulky and ugly. Things that look obviously medical can be depressing to see day after day. I also don't like the strange looks you end up getting if you have to pull out you medicine at a restaurant. Most of the time I just want to be left alone to eat in peace. I've never had anyone ask me what I'm taking thankfully (I know that happens to others sometimes) but I have had my pills stolen before (while I was in the freaking hospital no less). I know some people use locks and things of that nature. I haven't done that, mostly because I don't know how to go about finding something portable that locks. I've heard of people having to lock up their pills while at home because of "friends" who decide to take a few for fun. So far that hasn't been even remotely a problem. Hopefully it never will be. Usually, when it comes to pain medication I keep a few at home by my bed just in case my bottle gets stolen or lost.

On to what I personally use for storage. For my daily medicine I finally settled on a Hello Kitty cosmetics bag I found at Target. It's cute and bright and happy. It fits all the bottles (there's 4) for the pills I need to tote around. I also keep Zomig nasal spray my round week day pill box that holds my vitamins inside. It's really easy for me to find in my purse and to keep track of because it's bright pink and green. While my Hello Kitty bag is cute it's still a bit bulky. When I go to events where I can't carry a large purse or any purse at all I use a little pill box that my boyfriend gave me. I can fit my daily medication in along with migraine rescue meds and a few ibuprofen. It can fit nicely in my pocket (or my boyfriend's pocket haha). It's been really helpful. I also have one more small pill storage container. It's really really cute. I found it at Icing. It's shaped like a little pill and is black on one side and pink on the other. You slide it open and put a few pills inside. This is what I keep in my bedside drawer. Inside I keep rescue meds for those days when I wake up and get immediately slammed with a headache. I keep water by my bed as well so I can take them right away if I need to. That's what I do but there's tons of different options. What's important is figuring out what works for you.

So here's a basic rundown of the storage ideas I've come up with over the years, feel free to add your own in the comments:
  • Basic weekly pill boxes. The can be rectangular, circular, and many other shapes. You can find tons of them on Amazon and in lots of drugstores and grocery stores.
  • Bags. Cosmetic bags work really well.
  • Makeup compacts. 
  • Small pill boxes.
  • Lunchbox containers. Sometimes you can find some really cute small ones. Try looking at Sanrio stores if you have one near you.
  • Contact lens cases. If you're in a jam and need a small container for transport contact cases can work really well.
  • Wallets. Pouch wallets can be super cute.
  • Any kind of box really. You can even decorate them yourself with stickers, deco-den. doodles, or whatever you can think of!
I hope this was helpful!

0 comments:

Post a Comment