Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday 1 December 2010

Info Post
 Phase 1: And so it begins...

Welcome to my advent calendar adventure! I'm so excited to share it with all of you and even more excited to give the presents I've gathered to my boyfriend over these coming days.

The advent calendar...





As I've mentioned before I actually made this last year. It's not very traditionally Christmas-y looking, but then again my personal Christmas style isn't very traditional. I tend to stay away from the red and green color combination and the Santas and such. I decided to make the calendar look more Wintery so I went for frosty sparkly colors. There's lots of glitter as you can see in the pictures. The whole thing is made out of a mini muffin tin (it's so perfect because it has 24 spots). I spray painted the entire thing so it would look a bit different from a normal muffin tin, sorry you can't see that very well in the photos (it's dark blue). To cover each slot I used scrapbooking paper that I cut into squares. After that I used a glitter pen to draw on some swirly pink numbers. Then I made a boarder for each square out of some pretty ribbons and put magnetic tape on the back so they would stick nicely to the muffin tin. For the blue sparkly boarder around the outside I used some really pretty ribbon glued onto more magnetic tape. I have hooks and more of the blue sparkly ribbon to hang the calendar with but for now we can't hang it up. Once we have our own house we will be able to though :)

The candy...

Each day inside the advent calendar there will be a homemade Scott Pilgrim inspired candy. Today's is a snazzy SP logo. Each candy is wrapped in a pretty gold wrapper to represent the gold stars, rings, metals, etc. that you collect in video games.

The first gift...


Since all of the gifts are Scott Pilgrim themed it only makes sense to start out with the first book from the series. Both my boyfriend and I haven't read them yet and I'm hoping we can curl up and read them together over his Winter break.

The wrapping...


The mini-theme...

The theme within the Scott Pilgrim theme for the first four days is Video Games! Each gift will be video game related in some way.

One day down, twenty three to go!

0 comments:

Post a Comment