Breaking News
Loading...
Saturday 13 August 2011

Info Post
Today (October 4th) is World Animal Day! So celebrate today with an animal lunch!
Larry the Turtle
My sister in law loves turtles, so we made this lunch for her and for Larry, who was a turtle she pet-sat for a friend a year ago.  Eliana still talks about Larry the turtle as if it were yesterday and as if he was part of the family! Her memory never ceases to amaze me!

This is a really easy and simple creative lunch :)

I spelled Turtle out with Scrabble Jr Cheezits

The Turtle is a ham and cheese sandwich made with a spinach tortilla cut with a turtle cookie cutter. The turtle shell is a Granny Smith Apple, and the eyes are edible candies.  I drew the mouth with an edible marker.

The "water" is made up of blueberries.

I had actually forgotten to detail the turtle shell so to me it looks a little plain.. but Eliana loved it and ate it, and ultimately that is all that really matters :)

Click on the button below to hop on over to Shannon at Bentolunch.net to see another animal in our World Animal Day Hop!
What I used to make this lunch:

I link up.

0 comments:

Post a Comment