Breaking News
Loading...
Monday 1 August 2011

Info Post
I haven't done a Music Monday post in quite some time but I've recently gotten into a lot of really cool (in my opinion at least) bands and I wanted to share them with you guys. And away we go!

KatieJane Garside


I've posted briefly about the lovely KatieJane Garside before and one of her older projects, Queen Adreena. They have quickly become one of my favorite and most listened to bands. I seem to fall in love with anything KatieJane Garside touches. Her art, her style, her various musical projects are all so perfectly beautiful and speak to me on many different levels. Even though I don't know how to properly categorize any of them she covers a wide range of styles which you can see in these videos.

Pretty Like Drugs by Queen Adreena



Barebating by Ruby Throat




 One-Eyed Doll 

(source) 

One-Eyed Doll is full of energy and mega-fun, not to mention super talented. I have a hard time defining their style because they switch from beautifully melodic to loud in your face guitar riffs. Either way they rock and Kimberly Freeman's voice is pure magic. You can get a bunch of tracks for free from their Last.fm page. They're definitely worth checking out (my favorites are See Jane Run and Resurrection). There is also a free documentary about them on YouTube if you're interested.

You're A Vampire by One-Eyed Doll



Die So Fluid
 
(source)

Die So Fluid should really get more recognition than they do. They make perfect harmonic metal. And the lead singer, Grog, just outright rocks.

Existential Baby by Die So Fluid



Porcelain Black/ Porcelain and The Tramps

Whether she's under the name Porcelain and The Tramps or Porcelain Black Alaina Beaton delivers fun gritty pop goodness. I'm really excited to see what new stuff we'll be getting from her in the future.

This Is What Rock N Roll Looks Like by Porcelain Black (feat. Lil' Wayne) 




Japanese Voyeurs


The Japanese Voyeurs are a female fronted grunge revival band so they're right up my alley as a lover of grunge/ the 90s.

Cry Baby by Japanese Voyeurs



I hope you found this post to be enjoyable. I'll probably do periodic posts like this to gush about my current music crushes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment