Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday 16 August 2012

Info Post
I made this simple whale bento for Eliana the other day. It was super quick and easy to put together and Eliana loved it! (Win win!) This only took about 5 minutes to make :)
I made her favorite (I M Healthy Honey Creamy Soynut Butter with extra honey) sandwich and shaped it with a whale cookie cutter. I added an edible candy eye and some confetti sprinkles as the water coming out of the whale's spout.

In the lower left she has sliced cucumber rounds and on the lower right she has blueberries.

**tips** 
Use a little dab of honey or soynut butter to keep the sprinkles in place.
Stack another whale sandwich on top if you have a child with a bigger appetite

So I decided to take the picture on our blue chair. Because this is a whale, and whales swim in the ocean. So no granite counter top slab today. I know you missed it ;)

Eliana loved this lunch! She gobbled it all up, which doesn't always happen! It really was quick to put together and I'm glad she ate it all. She actually asked for more cucumbers. She seriously could eat an entire cucumber every day.

So she has a weird love-hate relationship with blueberries lately. Thankfully she likes them right this second. But that will change tomorrow and then change the next day.. or she might not like them for a week and then like them for one day and then again not like them for a week. You see my dilemma? I'm thinking of leaving blueberries out of her lunches for now. Or maybe I will have to check the blueberry mood of the day before I pack it haha! Of course I'll eat them, but I don't want to keep giving her blueberries when she won't eat them and then have her think I'll finish them off every time LOL. 


Does your child have any love-hate relationships with any specific foods?

Here is what I used to make this lunch:
 
I link up!

0 comments:

Post a Comment