Breaking News
Loading...
Monday 23 March 2009

Info Post
I've been listening to Garbage since I was 11. My dad made me a tape with their first two albums on it. It was all I would listen to for about a year and a half. They're still to this day one of my favorite bands. I feel like they've been a sort of soundtrack to my life. I remember being so excited when Beautiful Garbage came out. I finished all of my homework at school that day so that I could go to Best Buy and get it the day it came out. Shirley Manson was one of the very first people I looked up to as a role model. To me she always appeared to be strong and unafraid despite her vulnerabilities. Her lyrics let me know there was someone that felt the same way I did and that it was ok. Middle school would have been even more intolerable without Garbage there to help me through it.

This is one of my favorite songs/ videos. I want to steal her boots and all her dresses.

I'm only happy when it rains
You wanna hear about my new obsession?
I'm riding high upon a deep depression
I'm only happy when it rains

0 comments:

Post a Comment