Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday 24 June 2010

Info Post

Migraine: Abnormal Brain Activity Not Restricted To Attacks

"There has been increasing evidence that the processing and perception of sensory stimuli is abnormal even outside of attacks," said Dr. Sprenger. "Now our findings underline that abnormal brain activity in migraineurs is not restricted to attacks - that there is an extensive alteration of functional connectivity in multiple networks reflecting the migrainous phenotype, emphasizing that migraine is a disorder of the brain."

I know it should be encouraging that they're learning more about migraines and how they work (and to a degree it really really is) but I want to yell something along the lines of "No shit Sherlock! That's why I ran into a door earlier today. I had no idea it was that close!" Maybe doctors will stop looking at me so funny when I tell them I have aura symptoms ALL THE TIME, I don't get them 30 minutes before attacks like a lot of people. It's constant for me which makes it hard to walk because I'm dizzy and can't see straight. BAH! I'm super dizzy I'm going to lay down now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment