Breaking News
Loading...
Monday 13 June 2011

Info Post

My boyfriend and I recently celebrated out third anniversary on May the 30th. Money is a little bit tight this year but I wanted to make something fun and personal for him. What I came up with is something I've been calling an adventure book. It's filled with stuff that I want to do with him over his Summer break so each set of pages inside has a little theme. I also included some little pull out things (tickets, notes, fliers, etc.) with the pages. The gift is more about the fun things we'll do together than the actual book itself, because one of the best gifts you can give is time to spend together.

The whole project itself wasn't too expensive because I used things I already had. The cover is made from a cereal box that I painted. I put some ribbon that I had left over from another craft project along the side and I held together the pages inside with book rings. The decorations are all various shades of blue because blue is my boyfriend's favorite color. I used a bunch of free graphics I found online (mostly from DeviantART's Resource section) and put them together in GIMP (which is a free photo editing program) to make the pages. The most expensive part of the project was having the pages printed at Staples because I had them printed on cardstock. I believe it was around $22. The gifts I included (tickets, and a gift certificate) I got for free from MyCokeRewards. I think overall the project ended up being under $30.

I'll be posting each set of pages individually along with inspiration and ideas related to their themes. I'll also be posting the blank templates for each so you can use them in your projects if you wish.

Here is an preview of all the pages so you can get a glimpse of what's coming up.


0 comments:

Post a Comment