Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday 14 December 2011

Info Post
Yes. Christmas Tree again. I sense a tree theme this year :) I can't promise that I won't make anything else Christmas Tree related again since Eliana has asked for more Christmas tree sandwiches and well we may just have to show you what we make! :)  So the other weekend was my grandpa's birthday party.  All the family got together and we had such a good time! I usually make more than one dessert but this year I was running on four hours of sleep from Eliana being sick the night before and me trying to finish my 9-11 page paper!  I decided that I wanted to make some cake balls. If you have never heard of cake balls feel free to check out Bakerella, the Queen of all things cake ball and cake pop related. I love making cake balls and have been making them for over a year now. You can use your own made from scratch cake recipe, or a boxed cake mix. If you are running on low sleep may I suggest the latter ;)


Here is what I came up with..
Christmas Tree Cake Balls!
I'm really happy with how it turned out! And they all disappeared--so it was a hit! I made chocolate cake balls and covered them with dark green candy melts (I got mine at A.C. Moore). I chose to drizzle some of them with red candy melts and red sugar sprinkles (add the sprinkles before the drizzle dries completely). With the rest of the cake balls I used yellow candy melts and made little "lights" and the star on the top. The "trunk" I left the cake balls bare.. but if you aren't as lazy (or sleep deprived) as me you could coat them with chocolate :)


Cake balls are a dessert that anyone can make.  Seriously--go out and try to make them.  You can tweak them and use different cake mixes or frostings, or even try it with brownies instead!  They taste amazing and look adorable. Once you've had one, you'll understand how amazing they are! :)


Until next time.. :)


I link up.

0 comments:

Post a Comment