Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday 1 August 2012

Info Post

Hello, Brooke here again from SillyMamaQuilts with another fun project using Alpine Wonderland ~ love, love this fabric line!!  Hope you enjoy the project!  So let's get started...

  Supplies:
3 assorted prints from the Alpine Wonderland collection for front
2 fat quarters or half yard pieces for the back
14 inch pillow form
Since I loved the framed print in this line, I decided to use it for the focal point of this pillow project.
I cut a 7 x 14.5 inch strip of the framed print and sewed it to a 3.5 x 14.5 inch strip of the poinsettia print.
The last print I chose for the front – the tree print.  I cut a 5 x 14.5 inch strip and sewed it to the framed print. 
Next I prepared the back pieces.  I turned under a small hem on the sides that will overlap on the back.
I selected two different prints for the back portion.  Here you can see the edges are finished and ready to sew to the front unit.

I trimmed the back unit to a 14.5 inch square.
Insert the pillow form once you sew the sides together and you have a fun, fresh new holiday decoration!
A view of the completed back.

Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment