Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday 8 February 2012

Info Post
So this week has been exciting for Creative Food! I first made a Facebook Page to share my creations on Facebook so please come visit the page and "like" it to show support!  I also added a new feature to the blog: on the right side you will now see a box where you can enter your email and subscribe to this blog.  Then you'll receive creative food ideas straight to your email! How fun! I hope you enjoy these new features :) So onto even more important things.. like food :)

Sometimes when you are 3 years old all you want to eat is pancakes for lunch. I figured why not make the pancakes extra special and make them into hearts:
To make this cute Valentine's Day pancake platter you will need to make the pancake batter first.  You can use boxed pancake mix, or make yours from scratch. Either way you just need to mix it very well so there are no lumps. I then separated my batter into three different bowls for the three different colors.  I put red food coloring in one bowl, red and blue (to make purple) in the other bowl and left the leftover batter uncolored. I then poured the batter into three different squeeze bottles.

On the skillet I drew outline of the heart first.  I let that cook until it was almost fully cooked.  Then I filled in the heart with the rest of the same color batter.  I let it cook until almost fully cooked. Then gently flip the entire pancake over and let the other side cook.

I then cut out sausages with a small heart cookie cutter I have.


Of course you could be more adventurous and add more colors, or more designs but I really liked the simplicity of just the colored heart pancake.  If you don't want to go through all the pouring of batter into squeeze bottles and drawing out the heart on the skillet you could just add some food coloring to your pancakes, make regular pancakes and then use heart shaped cookie cutters to cut them out. That is much easier and just as cute!...come to think about it.. maybe I should do that next time :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment