Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday 21 March 2012

Info Post
Well hello spring! It has been gorgeous here in MA the last days of "winter" and first days of spring. I am in love with this weather.  This has by far been the best weather year ever: barely any snow, and spring jumped into summer. I'll take it!


So as you can see I haven't posted in a while! I try to post at least once a week but life has been crazy busy over here. I have had a lot of work and papers and editing of papers (oh the joys of grad school!). Then last week was Eliana's fourth birthday!! We celebrated from Wednesday all the way through the weekend!  There was a lot of planning and organizing last week but it was all worth it. We had so much fun and the birthday girl had a blast! I hope to post later this week about her birthday celebration :)

In the celebration of this amazing spring weather I wanted to make something simple and cute... and well more importantly I wanted to use my super cute mini flower pot cutter I got for Christmas last year (everything is so much cuter in mini size!). This is what I came up with:
Potted flowers never tasted so good ;)
The flower pot is a ham and cheese sandwich. I used the bread crust on one side to make it look more like a pot (just use some kitchen scissors and cut out the pot free hand. Or you could use a similar shape cookie cutter). 

Add some green pepper stems, cantaloupe flowers (cut with a cookie cutter) and blueberry centers to make some adorable easy potted flowers.  I cut out two small flower pots out of fruit leather with my mini cookie cutter.  I added a cheese dragonfly (cut with a mini cookie cutter) which I began to color with food safe markers and Eliana decided she wanted to color the wings. I think she did a great job! :)

Eating these potted flowers made us want to plant some real flowers...sounds like a good weekend project! :)


Linked up:
Tip Me Tuesday
*Get Creative*
Kitchen Fun and Crafty Friday

Here's what I used (or similar):

0 comments:

Post a Comment