Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday 28 March 2012

Info Post
So we had had some amazing spring weather. Key word: had. It was 80 degrees the other week! Now it is freezing. First let me define the word freezing for you so there are no misunderstandings.

Freezing: any temperature under 65 degrees Fahrenheit. 
Yes you read that correctly. 65 degrees and under = freezing.

Bet you would never guess I was born in Boston. I don't know why but I am always cold... I also get cold very easily and I literally need to wear a million layers to retain heat. I'm always wearing my jacket, even when we are inside the house.  My husband claims that I am a cold blooded reptile and need to sit in the sun to retain heat... I wish I could come up with a better explanation than that.. but I can't. So maybe I am a lizard ;)  

Cold weather makes me irritable. You really don't want to mess with me when cold. Or when I'm hungryI keep trying to convince David we should move to a warmer climate or state for my own sanity. It hasn't worked yet, but maybe if I post this it will help! (so kidding!... or am I? teehee) :)

So while I am freezing I decided to share this cute butterfly lunch and think of warmer weather:
This creative meal looks impressive but is actually simple to make:


The big butterfly is a ham and cheese sandwich cut with a butterfly cookie cutter. 
The wings are orange bell peppers, decorated with strawberries and cheese. 
The body and antennae are cucumber.
The small butterflies are apples and fruit leather cut with a mini butterfly cookie. 
The butterfly crackers are Pepperidge Farm Golden Butter crackers.


You can make so many versions of a butterfly sandwich--the options are endless :) I have made Eliana many butterfly sandwiches, and I just decorate the butterfly with leftover scraps from making other creative meals. Use leftover pieces of vegetables, fruits or cheeses to make unique designs on your butterfly sandwiches. It makes a cute spring themed lunch and it would be perfect if we were going to visit a butterfly garden! I may just have to remake this lunch once the weather is nicer and we actually see butterflies flying around :)


*Linking up to some amazing link parties!*

Here is what I used (or similar!):

0 comments:

Post a Comment