Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday 29 March 2012

Info Post
As long as I have an item, y'all will be seeing a Thrifty Thursday post every week! This is a link up party by the wonderful Lady Cordelia and I'm thrilled to tag along!

When it comes to thriftiness I'll admit we are much more a dumpster diving family than a thrift shop one. Bill has been known to carry large pieces of fencing on his back while coming home from the park with the boys! Or he will come home from work on a lunch break with a salvaged item in the back of his Land Cruiser! I love that man!

Last week I saw that Durango Mom had linked up to Lady Cordelia and it inspired me to share a few items in our home. Excitingly enough on Sunday we were driving home from the park when I passed a farm field with this sitting on the side of the road!!! Oh, my word!!!! I started shouting, thanking God and doing a little dance, the boys were thrilled with the outburst. I filliped a U-turn, praying out loud that no one else would stop before I could get there (pretty sure no one would bother, but I offered up a prayer just incase), put my flashers on and hopped out of the car! All the while the boys were hooping and hollering, I love that I'm instilling this kind of excitement in them :) Ha!

So without further adieu here is my Thrifty Thursday find!
Next week you'll be able to see where the chair was placed, it was the perfect addition to my all-time favorite thrift find and you'll see why I added a pop of red. As for the cable reel...sigh...I'm not thrilled with the placement. I thought it would be a cute way to display the vintage thread Bill gifted me with at Christmas, but I don't know. What would you do with it? I think it's too short to be a side table. Hmmmm....maybe a foot stool? Bill said he could add little ball legs to the bottom to make it taller, think, think think.

0 comments:

Post a Comment