Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday 18 July 2012

Info Post
Hello, Brooke here from SillyMamaQuilts. I will be sharing projects I have created with Sheri’s fabrics and I am beginning with a fun project using the Alpine Wonderland fabric for Christmas garland. 
Here is the panel with the softies at the top from the Advent Calendar and the garland at the bottom.
The first step is to cut off the instructions, but save them for future reference.
I selected this fabric for the backside of my garland pieces.
So, I layered the panel over batting (I like to use Warm and Natural) and the backing fabric.
I did some free motion quilting over the softies and garland pieces on my machine.  I wasn’t too concerned about the background area, but focused on the circles.
Here is my finished panel....
I used pinking shears to cut out the circles for the garland.
I then took two yards of jumbo brown ric rac and placed the garland circles in a pleasing arrangement.  I sewed them in place with a zigzag stitch.
In this picture you can see both the fronts and backs of the garland.
Here is the garland all hung up and ready for holiday decorating!  Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment