Breaking News
Loading...
Monday 2 July 2012

Info Post

If you came over for a bbq this summer this is the drink I would make for you! It is my official summer sipper and I think it should be yours too! The key is the fresh blackberry ice cubes, AH-MAZ-ING. Here's how you make it! And I have to give a special shout out to my sis-in-law who helped me get the ratio perfect in the drink! Thank you Claire!

For the ice cubes:
2 cups of fresh clean blackberries
1/2 cup of water
Blend the berries, add water and blend again. The consistency should remind you of yogurt. Strain the mixture through a sieve to remove all seeds. Pour the strained mixture into an ice cube tray and freeze.

For the drink (add in this order):
2 blackberry ice cubes
crushed ice
1 1/2 ounces of vodka (Absolut)
6 1/2 ounces of lemonade (Simply Lemonade)
3.5 grams or 1 packet of sugar (whatever you do, don't use a sweetener substitute! blah!)

Of course you can leave out the vodka for a kid friendly drink. But this was so good and the ice cubes were so tasty that I don't plan on sharing any with the kids! I know! Bad mom! But hey I can give them a juice box and they would think I'm just as awesome ;)

Cheers!

0 comments:

Post a Comment