Breaking News
Loading...
Monday 15 February 2010

Info Post
The cat keeps trying to dig through the window. I'm not sure exactly what he's trying to accomplish, but he's very focused. I can't really yell at him to stop it because my throat is so sore. I hope whatever I caught is just a cold and not something worse. I feel like I'm sick all winter. Luckily I have a wonderful boyfriend that sent me home with miso soup he made for me and some yummy pineapple/orange juice which I've been using to make popsicles. It's helped my throat loads.

Now the cat has decided to sit in my lap, but I think it's just a ploy to try to steal my crackers and bananas. At least he's warm...

Before I talk about my Valentine's Day I think the snow needs mentioning. It never snows and sticks here. I can't remember the last time snow lasted overnight. I felt like I was in an alien world for a couple of days. It was very pretty.


I had a pretty wonderful Valentine's Day weekend (except for getting sick). We made ourselves California rolls, miso soup, and some yummy sesame seed carrots for dinner. I think we did a pretty good job on the California rolls considering it was our first attempt. For desert we had an indoor picnic and had yummy chocolate fondue.For dipping we had apples, pineapples, raspberries, strawberries, clementines, bananas, angel food cake, and red velvet cake. I also made chocolate bowls which we filled with rediwhip. If you want to try your hand at making chocolate bowls it's really not very hard with these instructions. I messed up the first batch by making them too thin but I got it my second try. Sorry I didn't get a very clear picture of them.

I'll have to do another post later about the gifts I made for my boyfriend and the things he gave me (I can't wait to take some pictures of the M&Ms he got me!!). Until then here's a preview of the card I made him.


 I hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's Day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment