Breaking News
Loading...
Monday 2 April 2012

Info Post
Ever since last year at Eliana's 3rd birthday party when I made the Ladybug M&Ms I've been wanting to make something else out of M&Ms. I am in love with all things mini. And cute. And chocolate.  All three together = Perfection. Sure I could have bought a bag of M&Ms at any time during the year. But lets be honest--they just don't last. My husband, Eliana and I will share a bag sometimes but they are usually all eaten by the time we get home. So I put the thought of M&M mini cuteness on hold.

Then came Eliana's birthday this year.  We filled up a jar with M&Ms in the colors of the rainbow. At the end of the party as we were cleaning up I stared at the jar and thought to myself, what can I do with all those M&Ms? And no, eat them was not the answer to that question. I had something cuter in mind :)
Baby Chick M&Ms!
How cute are they? I mean seriously. It doesn't get any cuter that this.
To make these baby chick M&Ms you'll need yellow M&Ms, and edible food color markers (black and orange).  I drew the chicks many different ways, but all of them have hair (orange "W"), eyes (black circles) and a beak (orange triangle).  Some have legs, some have wings.

Originally I had wanted to see which one I liked the best, if I wanted to make them all with wings, or all with feet, or with feet and wings etc. but I couldn't pick one, so I made them all different :) They are all so cute! And of course Eliana prefers these baby chick M&Ms over regular M&Ms. I may or may not have created a monster... 

Here are some tips: 
1. Grab a bunch of yellow M&Ms (or other yellow candy).  
2. Resist the urge to eat them immediately. 
3. Commence drawing! 
4. Admire your artwork. 
5. Now eat! (don't they taste so much better than regular M&Ms? hehe)

These would be a cute addition to a lunch, or just to munch on. by the handful ;)


*Linking up to some amazing link parties!*
Cast Party Wednesday

0 comments:

Post a Comment