Breaking News
Loading...
Friday 27 April 2012

Info Post
Alright y'all. I'm at a good place this summer to tackle a huge project. But I need some help!
This is a gorgeous vintage quilt that was hand-sewn by my great grandmother. It is in such bad repair that I'm at a loss of what to do with it. It was never stored correctly and the rips and tears are major. At first it made me angry that it wasn't cared for but now I look at it as a quilt well loved. Still though, I want this to last in the years to come so something has to be done.
 
Today was actually the first day I completely laid it out. To restore it would be a lot of work. The plan had been that this would be used in Selah's room...yes I'm already planning her room, no we haven't submitted our paperwork. I'll post an update on Monday about that :) Will has taken to asking about her and where she is. I tell him I don't know but God does. He responds with "yep, I bet God is holding her right now". He is going to be such a protective big brother when it comes to his little sister. 
 
Isn't this picture so sweet? He knows it belongs to his sister. Sigh....
Alright back to the quilt. Goodness a momma can get so swept up in her children!
 
These vintage fabrics are drool worthy!


 But alas, this is what I'm dealing with....
What would you do? I had big dreams of this welcoming our daughter into a new generation of woman. That when she looked at this quilt she would see how so many different prints and colors could be combined with such love that it created a masterpiece. That this was part of her legacy now. 

Options:
Pay big bucks and send it to a restoration place. 
Cut it down and turn it into a smaller quilt, replacing the back and the binding.
Cut a few squares out and frame them-this feels very last resort to me.

I would love some advice, even if it sounds crazy. Lets hear it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment