Breaking News
Loading...
Monday 16 April 2012

Info Post
Earth Day is approaching (Next Sunday!) and I have some cute and easy food ideas coming this week :)  Last year I made these Earth Day Pancakes for Eliana.  She loved them and they were super simple:
My backwards Earth pancakes ;)
To make these Earth Day Pancakes:
First mix up your pancake mix (homemade or boxed). Mix it well so there are no lumps.  I separated my batter into two different bowls for two different colors: blue and green.  I used a few drops of food coloring and mixed it well.  Once your colored batter is fully mixed then pour into a squeeze bottle.


On the skillet or griddle (on low heat) draw out a circle with the blue pancake batter. Then outline your continents/earth in the green batter.  Let it cook until it gets all nice and bubbly.  Fill in the continents with the green batter and let it cook. The fill in the rest of the earth with the blue batter and let that cook until bubbly all over.  Gently flip the pancake over and let it fully cook on the other side.


So as you may have noticed the Earth pancake looked sorta backwards...I had been just drawing freehand and I forgot to keep in mind the pancake would be flipped.. so my precious earth pancake didn't look quite like Earth when I flipped it over! :) This is what the pancake looked like in the skillet:
My Earth Pancake in the skillet
Either way, it didn't matter. Eliana loved it and at the time she learned that we all live on the planet Earth. This year around it will be more exciting since she is older and understands more.  She wants to read up all about Earth.. so we may have to go to the library and pick out some good books on the planets and the Solar System. 


So you see these pancakes are a great way to teach your kids about the Earth and the Solar System! 
At least that is what I tell myself.... ;)


**Linking up to some amazing link parties! Check them out! :)**






0 comments:

Post a Comment