Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday 14 June 2012

Info Post
**UPDATE** Check out this post to see how we safely hung it and info on the stain used!

Oh Thrifty Thursday, I have missed you! It's been awhile but I'm back, joining the ever funny and delightful Lady Cordelia to share a little thrifty fabulousness.

Pallets have been all over Pintrest for a couple years now. So I know this is not a new idea, but nevertheless I think it's pretty fantastic and the pallet was pulled from a dumpster so how's that for thriftiness!?! Free makes my heart sing!

Meet my herb wallhanging planter thingy:
Isn't it so cool!?!
I pulled it from a dumpster on the way to pick up Will from school one day, with four others! It was a jackpot find. I may have done the running~man in the parking lot ;)

Bill kindly sanded and stained it for me. He did a two part stain that I am loving. It's actually what he will use on the coffee table he is building out of 50+ year old reclaimed wood from a North Carolina pier :) eeek! I told him that the pallet would be a good test project. Insert eye rolling from him. But it was!

The pallet with herb jars is the final piece I needed for our new eating area. In a few weeks I'll be able to show you what happened to the old dining room which the boys now refer to as the "cwaft woom" :)
So the living/eating area is now finished! This could be an "I Spy Thriftiness" picture. I can count 10 items that are thrifty! This room makes me smile now, it feels peaceful and welcoming. If the pictures don't show that you can come over and see for yourself ;)
And in hopes of always keeping it real with y'all, this is the heap of toys I had to push into a pile to get my pictures. Wear shoes if you come! It will save you the pain of stepping on a Lego or two, an injury I don't wish on my worst enemy! 

If you have something to share today, skip on over and link up with C! It will make for a fun link hop!

0 comments:

Post a Comment