Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday 17 May 2012

Info Post

Woot woot! I'm so happy it's Thursday! Y'all we are battling a nasty case of Hand Foot and Mouth Disease this week. Poor little Jack man is miserable, I wont go into detail but it's nasty nasty nasty. And yesterday evening Will came up to me and said "Excuse me mom, the way far back of my tongue hurts really really bad"....Lovely. So needless to say, I'm a tad more excited for this week to come to an end. I need my man to be home and send in the reinforcements. 

But on with the fun! I was wandering through GoodWill last week looking for a table for my new craft room when I came across this mirror for $3
What a fun shape huh?!? My first thought was to ditch the mirror and replace it with chickenwire. I thought it would be a hot item in the Etsy shop. But upon further inspection I realized that the frame was plastic and there was no way that mirror would come out nicely. But for $3 I thought it should still come home with me. 
A little Annie Sloan Chalk paint and distressing and it is a perfect touch for a new area of our home! Yep, I've been rearranging the house....again...but this is the last time, I promise! Maybe ;) You'll see the whole new space in a few weeks. 
Here's a little closeup. Can you see the gold and faux wood showing through? Yes, her chalk paint is a bit pricy but a little goes A LONG WAY and it sticks to anything without priming, which is a good thing because I'm known for skipping steps. :) 

Three dollar thrifty find = one happy momma!

Stay healthy y'all!

0 comments:

Post a Comment